Based on our experience, we are capable of developing innovative structures, processes and arguments in order to enable our clients to comply with an increasingly complex (and often conflicting) global regulatory environment.
- We routinely advise on the following:
- Collection and use of employee and consumer personal data, including export of personal data to countries outside the EEA
- Cyber-crime and data breach insurance policies and claims
- Cyber-crime incident preparedness, response, breach notifications, and related internal and external investigations
- Data sharing, including exploitation of big data
- Direct marketing activities
- Disclosure of data to law enforcement authorities
- International data protection compliance programs and audits and responses to government compliance reviews
- Payment card association, post-breach penalties and audits
- Privacy policies, documentation and procedures as well as privacy impact assessments
We carry out cross-border data privacy surveys for clients, both to review their existing processes and procedures and to help set up new ventures. With significant experience of designing, drafting, reviewing and updating general corporate group and HR policies, we support clients with whistle-blowing; employee telephone, internet and email use; customer data; cross-border data transfers; and data protection consents.
We also advise clients on the implications of freedom of information legislation, how to mitigate risk and the potential to use the legislation for competitive advantage.